Kulbhushan Jadhav (file photo)
What is the Vienna agreement
This is an international agreement, Under which a citizen of a country is detained in another country ,He will have the right to meet the officials of the High Commission or Embassy of his country. The full name of this agreement is ‘Optional Protocol to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations Concerning Compulsory Settlement of Disabilities, 1963’.
– India signed the agreement in November 1977 and Pakistan in March 1976
Possible to stop hanging without hearing?
Under the agreement, Article 74 of the rules of ICJ, Under paragraph 4, any member of the Chief of ICJ can request a ban on hanging from the country without hearing.
Why did not India go to ICJ in the torture and murder case of Indian Army officer Saurabh Kalia? This matter does not come under the purview of ICJ, as per the Declaration of India’s September 18, 1974
– Controversies related to animosity, fighting, self-defense do not come under its purview.
– Controversy arising from all agreements in which all parties are not part of the agreement or the government’s consent on this does not fall within its purview.
Pak was also in favor of decision
India has filed a case in ICJ after 46 years. Prior to this, in 1971, after the abduction of the Indian Airlines Airlines aircraft in 1971, the ICJ reached the ICJ for flying rights of Pakistani aircraft in their airspace. Although the court’s decision came in favor of Pakistan.
Pakistan will follow the instructions of ICJ?
ICJ has stated on its website that its orders are fully binding And Since all members of the United Nations are sworn in to accept the order of the international court, Therefore, it is not possible to not implement his decision.
Although there are some exceptions, Because the international court does not have any direct power to enforce its order.
Not implemented, So he could apologize to United Nations Security on this. In such a situation where the army’s decision in Pakistan is final. In such a situation if the Sharif government wishes to accept the decision of the ICJ, will the army accept it? This is a great question.
What is icj
ICJ is the important judicial body of the United Nations. It was founded in Hewel, Holland, in 1945, and began working since 1946.
– The ICJ has 15 judges who are elected by the United Nations General Assembly and the Security Council for nine years.
– Its official language are en and French .
What is the jurisdiction?
According to ICJ’s website, its work is to resolve legal disputes between the two countries and to give opinion on legal questions raised by authorized UN bodies and special agencies. That is, it has three special duties –
1. According to international law, it decides on legal disputes.
2. Shows judgment on dispute between the two sides.
3. The UN gives opinions on the requests of the units.